A helping hand

4:07 PM  Aug 18th, 2017
by Elysse Winget ’19

On their only day off from practice, University football players helped assist first-year students move into their buildings.

Two of those team members, Clayton Langdon and Jake Moore, were also first-years and wanted to help others with their transition into the dorms. The two moved onto campus Aug. 6 to start practice and are enjoying seeing other students begin to fill the recently vacant halls.

Langdon, who plays safety, was born right down the street at Miami Valley Hospital, and comes from Akron, Ohio.

“I wanted to come back and go to a school that was near the rest of my family,” Langdon said. “I’ve always been a big Flyer fan.”

On the other hand Moore, who plays center and long snapper, came to UD from Tampa, Florida.

“I chose UD because it was the only school that allowed me to be both a student and an athlete,” Moore said, “and I liked that it was rooted in the Catholic faith.”

Their big game this year is Sept. 30 against the University of San Diego. “Come watch us,” Moore said. “We have a great team this year!”